Curio Studio

The Home of GreatNews
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: What the ....... ?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:49 am 

Well, I've been a champion of GreatNews and have promoted it in my several blogs, but that situation may change immediately.

I spent the past few weeks building up my feeds and lists. Along comes the latest upgrade. Great! A fine reader just got better, eh? Better download immediately!

Which I did.

Wrong thing to do.

Your friggin' "upgrade" erased all my feeds and left me back at square one. Not a word in your installation notice about that little problem happening. I am totally disgusted by this incredibly stupid move on your part, and am hunting for another, more stable reader to make use of.

Good luck,

Blip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:13 am 

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. Good look on your "hunt" for something better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:23 am 

Er, are you saying that it's ok for a software's update to completely zap your database?

The stupidity, sir, lies with you and with whatever idiot designed the update process for this sorry software.

As I say, I think it is the best out there. Period. When it's functioning as a reader. But not if it can self destruct at any given moment. Is that, perhaps, difficult for you to understand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:25 am 
Site Admin

Try to search your hard disk to see if there are more than one copy of newsfeed.db

http://www.curiostudio.com/blog/14

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:08 am 

not everybody does it but it always pays to backup first before updating important stuff. In the end everybody must look to themselves for their own actions Not everybody is perfect and I at times am guilty of both above.
If it is hard to figure out a way to save important files :shock:, sounds like a good idea for next update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:13 pm 

VisualBlip wrote:
Er, are you saying that it's ok for a software's update to completely zap your database?

The stupidity, sir, lies with you and with whatever idiot designed the update process for this sorry software.

As I say, I think it is the best out there. Period. When it's functioning as a reader. But not if it can self destruct at any given moment. Is that, perhaps, difficult for you to understand?

#1 It's FREE!
#2 The program is BETA SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!

it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

Don't know how many times I have to repeat this: GreatNews setup will NEVER overwrite user subscription.

Most common situation is that some user used zip version at beginning. When upgrade comes, he downloaded setup.exe and installed another copy of GreatNews into Program Files directory....

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]