Track comments

Everything else

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

silentman.it

Track comments

Postby silentman.it » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:21 am

How do I find posts I am tracking comments on?

Thank you

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:38 pm

duh! I guess we don't have an option yet to display comment-tracked posts.

silentman.it

Postby silentman.it » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:18 am

GreatNews wrote:duh! I guess we don't have an option yet to display comment-tracked posts.

a-ha! :)
I think it could be useful, since each (dead) tracked post is an (useless) http req-resp.

another request: will you include an option to specify channel update frequency on a group basis?

thank you

F.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:41 pm

You are right. This is definitely something useful. Currently GreatNews will prompt you remove the tracking after 60 days. But it's always nice to be able to list all tracked posts. Let me see if I can add a report or something to do that.

Derek Lakin

Postby Derek Lakin » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:10 am

It would be nice if the notification popup told you how many new comments and how many new posts were found if you're going to track comments in this way.

On a similar point, it would be nice if the notification popup didn't popup to tell me there were no new posts, that gets a bit annoying after a while.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:21 pm

The notification popup can be turned off in Tools->Options->Usability page(Show system tray tooltips....). I think I'm going to turn it off by default in next build.

coComment tracking

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:12 am

It would be nice to integrate the [url="http://www.cocomment.com/comments/Artem"]coComment[/url] conversation tracking. It would be kind'a web-based backup, similar to the way Bloglines can backup your feeds ;)

Return to “General”