1.0 Build 346

News and Announcements about GreatNews

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

Jack
Site Admin

1.0 Build 346

Postby Jack » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:24 pm

+ Added: Russian language pack. (Thank you very much Vitaly!)
+ Added: News Watch matched items are now highlighted on reading pane as well.
* Changed: More fine tuning on mouse-wheel-turn-page handling
- Fixed: Clicking news list columns cannot sort item ascendingly. (Thanks alta88)
- Fixed: GreatNews doesn't convert detected feed to absolute URL (Thanks jiminy crickert)

http://www.curiostudio.com/nightly0

mkizer

Postby mkizer » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:56 pm

Mouse-wheel sensitivity seem sto be good now. Reaching the bottom of a page in the browser pane requires a few spins of the mouse-wheel to advance to the next page, or (as I prefer to do) use the right-button + mouse-wheel down trick.

One thing I noticed about using the spacebar to page through the browser pane... Once you click on a link in the browser pane (mine is currently set to open in an external browser), return to GN and the spacebar no longer scrolls through the browser pane.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:09 pm

mkizer wrote:
One thing I noticed about using the spacebar to page through the browser pane... Once you click on a link in the browser pane (mine is currently set to open in an external browser), return to GN and the spacebar no longer scrolls through the browser pane.

This is the same losing focus problem we had for a while. Hopefully it will be fixed in this month.

isaacg

Postby isaacg » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:33 am

Bug: Every time I open GreatNews the news item pane is hidden. I have to click the divider bar to restore it.

Mordac

Postby Mordac » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:01 pm

I get a similar thing. I don't want to see all the items like an email client and so I click the divider to hide it but when GN starts again it shows the items.

Also, this version seems a little laggy when displaying the items????? Used to be real quick but since 346 its slowed...
Chris

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:16 am

isaacg, can you send me your greatnews.ini file? greatnews@curiostudio.com thanks.

Mordac, build 346 is slower because it needs to highlight news watches on reading pane. Next build will optimize the process to speed it up.

isaacg

Postby isaacg » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:38 pm

Could we have an option not to display the 'No more unread items [OK]" dialog box? It's rather obvious and an unnecesary click. Maybe you could just have a message load in the browser pane instead.

I noticed that GreatNews makes a ton of htm files in my temp directory in similar to: "~N10_0.htm" and doesn't delete them even when it closes. That's rather untidy for such an otherwise clean filesystem program. Maybe its just a debug feature for betas?

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:02 pm

build 347 Cleanup Wizard has an option to delete those temp files.

Return to “News & Announcements”