- Updated package with additional style sheets from the forum
- Available styles now listed in alphabetical order on non-NTFS partitions
- Updated WTL to to 8.1.9127 (was: 8.0.7161)
- Rebuilt project files from scratch, to get all the benefits VS2008 has to offer
- Added "Bing" to search channels
- Tweaked SQLite config to reduce its footprint, and possibly gain more speed
- Added option to disable the cleanup wizard
- Some restructuring of the database
- Integrated DB maintenance tool into main program - upgrades are now applied automatically
- Updated zlib to 1.2.5
- Removed greatnews_upgrade.ini/newsfeed_upgrade.db mechanisms (If you want to customize a new installation, simply name the relevant files greatnews.ini/newsfeed.db instead)
- Added icons to updater and language editor
- Added some untranslated strings to the English language pack; also updated the German one
- Waiting in case of an error when updating a feed, then retrying later now working better
- Modified crash recovery behavior to be more silent
- Fixed tab order in label properties, feature options and channel settings dialogs
Just dumping what I have right now, as a kind of milestone, since I'm about to start fiddling (privately) with some stuff that's likely to break something.
I've been using this version for the last couple of days; haven't noticed anything odd so far. Still, as always, regard this as unstable for now (feedback's appreciated, even if it's just a short "works for me").
Also, I hereby declare the ANSI builds dead, mostly since VS2008 - what I'm using - doesn't allow building for Win9x any more. Win95/98/ME have all been given their last rites years ago, and every Windows released after those is Unicode enabled, so this shouldn't be a problem.