open source?

Everything else

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

mas912

open source?

Postby mas912 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:23 am

Hi. Do you want to open source of the GreatNews? Updates of it is very infrequent, so community should implement suggested important features.

fcmk

Re: open source?

Postby fcmk » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:17 pm

More than anything. It's incredibly sad to see GreatNews die. It is seriously the best rss reader I have found, and I have tried many. Releasing the source code and letting others develop it could save it and guarantee it would keep up with the latest rss stuff. If Jack is not planning to code GN anymore at all, why hog the source code?

MysteryFCM

Postby MysteryFCM » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:42 pm

If Jack is not planning to code GN anymore at all, why hog the source code?

Because it's *his* source code perhaps? and who says he's not coding GN anymore?
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

fcmk

Postby fcmk » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:28 am

MysteryFCM wrote:Because it's *his* source code perhaps? and who says he's not coding GN anymore?

I didn't say he wouldn't. That's why there's an "if" at the start of the sentence. And I understand perfectly that it's his. So was my old tv mine, but I still gave it away because I didn't use it anymore and it brought joy to someone else. No one here is demanding anything, I was just pointing out that it would a nice thing to do, for the sake of us, the users. (IF Jack is not planning to code it anymore... if)

Return to “General”