no help files

Everything else

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

rednow

no help files

Postby rednow » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:00 am

Hi,I installed Great News yesterday,but i dont seem to be able to find any help files to explain how to use it. Eg Does it integrate with the browser-i have ie6 and mozilla by the way-can one reply to updates without going to the site in question?I was also asked to choose what kind of feed i wanted -eg2.0, atom etc i guess i am asking for a really basic manual Otherwise i can guess what i am supposed to do but i am probabln wrong.Also apart from starting the exe from the folder the program is stored in theirs no way to start -nothing in the start menu-no icon on the desktop.Their seems to be no way to contact you for technical support. apart from coming to this forum-im not even sure if this is the right place to post-Thanks richard

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:31 pm

I really don't have the resource to keep help files in sync with program, so I skipped it altogether...

1. GreatNews uses IE only. There's a hack to switch to mozillaEngine, but that's another story.

2. To reply to the update you will need to open that blog site in another tab.

3. rss2.0 or Atom both will do. Personally I like rss 2.0 better. So maybe I coded rss 2.0 module better :)

4. If you run setup.exe, it will create program shortcuts.

rednow

Postby rednow » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:35 pm

Thanks

Return to “General”