Slight problem moving GN to new computer

Everything else

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

mkizer

Slight problem moving GN to new computer

Postby mkizer » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:01 pm

I had to move GN from one WinXP laptop to another Win2K laptop, also in the process I had to switch the directory where GN is stored (on the old machine it was C:\Program Files... and on the new one it is D:\Program Files...).

So, I usual installer for GN on the new machine and then copied my original GN directory over top of the new one. Everything seems to be working correctly, except some of the display of some .GIF files from the Media directory (like unread.gif).

I looked in the source for the browser pane and the img tags for unread.gif point to C:\Program Files... still. I checked in the GreatNews.ini file, but didn't see anything obvious.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:23 am

hmmm, this is strange. There's no hardcoded path in GreatNews. Can you do a test for me? Please copy the GreatNews folder to C:\GreatNews, and run Greatnews.exe from that folder, see if the gifs display correctly?

mkizer

Postby mkizer » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:57 am

Just tried it... same problem.

But I just realized the issue... and it is my customized styles. When I switch to the defaults the problems disappear. I must have messed something up in there... grr...

In case anyone is using those styles, I'll post a fix to my blog today. Check here in a few hours: http://michael.kizer.ws/2006/07/06/crea ... greatnews/

mkizer

Postby mkizer » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:16 am

All fixed... it would only affect people that don't have GN installed in C:\Program Files\GreatNews

Grab the latest version from the permalink above.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:35 pm

Thanks Michael. There's a %MEDIA% shortcut you can use in the style files, so that they will be location independent.

mkizer

Postby mkizer » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:13 am

GreatNews wrote:Thanks Michael. There's a %MEDIA% shortcut you can use in the style files, so that they will be location independent.

Yeah, I stumbled upon that while looking through the gtsoftbox styles (I think)... very handy.

Return to “General”