Open in external browser

Everything else

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

orchid

Open in external browser

Postby orchid » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:21 am

I cannot get GN to open links in my external browser when I double-click, or even by right-clicking (the right-click menu doesn't show that option). It works fine if I set it to open links in default browser when I single-click. I remember reading something on the forums about defining the default browser in the .ini file, or something like that, but can't find it now in a search. Can someone tell me what to do?

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:39 am

You can add following lines to greatnews.ini file to force GreatNews use a browser:

[Advanced]
ExternalBrowser=C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\avant.exe

orchid

Postby orchid » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:01 am

Hm, okay, it seems I glanced at the options too quickly and didn't understand them.

What I'd like to do is have a choice, when I click on a link in the internal browser, between opening it in GN and opening it in Firefox. The option to "open in new window" doesn't do a thing here (even with the additional lines on the .ini as above). I have to open the link in GN and then use Ctrl-N to get the same page to open in Firefox.

What is *supposed* to happen if I choose "Open in new window" from the right0-click menu?

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:47 pm

External browser option only works for rss articles. If you want to open link in a web site, please try SHIFT+click.

Return to “General”