Add synchronization with NewsGator Online?

Ideas? Suggestions?

Or report any bugs about GreatNews here

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

levisu

Add synchronization with NewsGator Online?

Postby levisu » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:39 am

Jack, just want to let you know that NewsGator just Opens up Web Services API to developers.
you can now synchronize not only subscriptions and content, but read/unread state. Mark an item read (or unread) via the API, and it will be auto-magically marked as read (or unread) in NewsGator Online, NewsGator Outlook edition, FeedDemon, and any other connected product that's using the API.
You can check out Greg Reinacker's post on this one:http://www.rassoc.com/gregr/weblog/archive.aspx?post=772.
I think this is a wonderful opportunity to add newsgator online along with bloglines into Greatnews!
Newsgator offers real time synchronization which bloglines lacks. This will offer Greatnews users more robust options and in the meantime enter into a much wider audience base:like I said lots of people are attracted to greatnews because of Bloglines integration, now this kind of attraction can walk on the magic to the newsgator online user as well.
Last edited by levisu on Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:21 am

Very interesting.

If Newsgator has free online account I will add support in no time.

(btw: I moved your post to suggestion board).

levisu

jack,newsgator online is free.

Postby levisu » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:00 am

GreatNews wrote:Very interesting.

If Newsgator has free online account I will add support in no time.

(btw: I moved your post to suggestion board).

Jack,newsgator online account is free. It's pretty easy to get API product key as well. Just click on http://www.newsgator.com/ngs/subscriber/APISignup.aspx,it' free as well cause I just got one in no time.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:54 am

Their license agreement says it's free for non-commercial use (and licenseable for commercial use). I intend to release GreatNews as shareware, so I need to first check with them about license.

levisu

Their license agreement

Postby levisu » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:15 pm

GreatNews wrote:Their license agreement says it's free for non-commercial use (and licenseable for commercial use). I intend to release GreatNews as shareware, so I need to first check with them about license.

Jack,I agree with you. After all, some might say bloglines api is buggy at a point, but it's free. Check the license with them. If it's a rip-off, just leave it. Cause bloglines api is handy enough if you don't ask too much. :)

Return to “Suggestions & Bug Reports”