bug: unread count in tree - strange behaviour

Ideas? Suggestions?

Or report any bugs about GreatNews here

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

hpw

bug: unread count in tree - strange behaviour

Postby hpw » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:16 pm

I have set my update on one hour, but sometimes I'm away from my computer for two or more hours. When greatnews updates there are, let's say, three new items in a feed. One hour later it sees another two new items in the same feed. It looks like greatnews does not add the new unread item count but replaces it instead. So after the second update it does not show 5 (3+2), but only the last 2. Now when I read the items then greatnews seems to substract the read count from the visible unread count in the tree. But as it (correctly) sees a total of five new items being set from unread to read it substracts 5 from the unread count in the tree and the tree shows -3 (yep, that is a minus sign) and it is still shown in bold (like other feeds containing unread items), probably as you reset the bold attribute only when the count is exactly zero.

It's not a big issue but of course it is a bug so I hope you can repair it sometime. The current workaround is to right-click on the feed in the tree and choose 'mark as read', as that seems to reset everything to zero.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:04 pm

Unread count in general is buggy right now. It has something to do with how GreatNews counts unread items. This part will have an overhaul during performance tuning in Beta 2. There will be a partial fix in next release, hopefully address the particular issue you discovered. Thanks.

Return to “Suggestions & Bug Reports”