Feed font colors not showing

Ideas? Suggestions?

Or report any bugs about GreatNews here

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

spacehg

Feed font colors not showing

Postby spacehg » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Many of the blogs I subscibe to, such as http://evileditor.blogspot.com/ , have comments and asides that are in blue or another font color. I like GreatNews, but when I download the feeds the comments and asides are the same font color as the rest of the posts.

How can I get the feeds to render properly?

Thanks,
Sam R.

ktm

Re: Feed font colors not showing

Postby ktm » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:22 pm

You might've picked a bad example there, but... I can't see any fancy color usage, neither on the site, nor in the feed (use "view source" option), nor in the comment feed ("view source" again). What's not there can't be rendered. (IMHO it's correct this way, since style elements don't have any business in feeds...)

Anyways, maybe you could look for a feed that actually contains style statements so we have something to work with?

Edit: Oh, now I see, you meant comments etc in the post body, as opposed to user comments. Well... those style elements aren't part of the feed either (get stripped out by the server), which GreatNews can't do anything about. So unless you can get the site admins to change that, you're SOL there. Sorry.

spacehg

Re: Feed font colors not showing

Postby spacehg » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:29 pm

Thank you for answering. I've tried several readers and GreatNews is one of the few that didn't show the different font colors. I still like it, though.

Return to “Suggestions & Bug Reports”