[Suggestion] More Panes, easier way to add labels

Ideas? Suggestions?

Or report any bugs about GreatNews here

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

Elminster

[Suggestion] More Panes, easier way to add labels

Postby Elminster » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:51 am

Whoa, the registration form is really nothing for the impatient (gmx.de mails classified as spam, insane password requirements for a simple forum, very hard to read captchas) - you don't want too many visitors, do you? :)

Well, I use GreatNews since a very long time and even though there are very few updates, it still beats the alternatives. It's really great. Yet, the longer I use it the more labels and watches I got to manage. This would be a lot easier if...

Labels: The right click menu gets pretty unhandy if you got a lot of labels. So it would be nice if either the menu would break (multiple columns) or/and if there were a drop-down list in the toolbar. If the mouse wheel would work in the context menu it were an improvement already, too.

Watches/Labels: It'd be great if they would - each - get there own pane, so I could put them at the right side and thus use all the vertical space there (instead of being "hidden" below "All News Feeds"). I have something like this in mind:
left: All News Feeds
middle-top: headlines
middle-bottom: preview
right-top: watches
right-bottom: labels

Is there any chance that these suggestions would be considered for a possible future release? :)

MysteryFCM

Re: [Suggestion] More Panes, easier way to add labels

Postby MysteryFCM » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:31 am

I can't speak for the suggestions as I'm not one of the dev's (Jack should be along shortly), but welcome to the forums (sorry about the registration "issue", the spam filter and requirements in place, are to deter what used to be a plethora of spammers)
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Return to “Suggestions & Bug Reports”