how to get rid off the message " cleanup wizard"

Ideas? Suggestions?

Or report any bugs about GreatNews here

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

siddharta

how to get rid off the message " cleanup wizard"

Postby siddharta » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:57 pm

Goodmorning everybody.
I am a deep user of your great software. Before Greatnews I have tried several feedreaders but Greatnews is the best I ever tried !
After I the some months that I use the program, I have always the message that says to cleanup the cache. I put the mazimum amount of months to keep (6 months) but it is not enough. I would like to have all the cache FOREVER. I do not want to loose articles in the futures because I want to be still able to make searches inside the cache even in one or two years.
I have seen that there is no way to keep the cache as it is for years but you have to see the message everytime you launch the application. Can you change the parameter to "keep forever"? in the "cleanup news that are older than....." in the Cleanup wizard?

I have also a suggestion on the dimension of the pop up windows, it works very well but I would like to know if it is possible to have it sizeble to bigger dimension or moovable to another place of the screen.

Thank you very much for your answer, I remain...

Siddharta

vborovikov

Re: how to get rid off the message " cleanup wizard"

Postby vborovikov » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:55 am

Change CleanupLastRun parameter to a distant future date and you will get rid off the message. You can find this parameter in GreatNews.ini file, it's located where you had installed GreatNews, i. e. C:\Program Files\CurioStudio\GreatNews\

siddharta

Postby siddharta » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:46 pm

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

It works perfectly

many thanks again

Sid

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:53 pm

This is a workaround. But if you achieve a large amount of data, GreatNews will become slow to respond.

Return to “Suggestions & Bug Reports”