Safari
No votes
Other
20%

Total votes: 5

RedSnapper

Future Function: Allow dragging of links to Firefox

Postby RedSnapper » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:52 pm

I note that a link can be dragged from the browser window of GreatNews into Internet Explorer with no problem, but that function does not work with Firefox.

Considering Internet Explorer's security history, I think it would be a great idea to add make that work for Firefox as well. (Not sure why it doesn't. Other programs I have used do not have this problem.)

Love this newsreader. I got it because all the newsfeeds I had in Firefox had slowed its start-up to a crawl, and this has been a fantastic solution.

Jack
Site Admin

Re: Future Function: Allow dragging of links to Firefox

Postby Jack » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:19 pm

Myself uses FireFox as default browser. But unfortunately FireFox doesn't officially support to be embedded into other applications.

RedSnapper

Re: Future Function: Allow dragging of links to Firefox

Postby RedSnapper » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Jack wrote:Myself uses FireFox as default browser. But unfortunately FireFox doesn't officially support to be embedded into other applications.

Thank you for the reply. However, what I am requesting is not an embed in Firefox. It is merely a request that the hyperlink select/drag function of GreatNews be altered enough to allow it to function with Firefox the way it works with Internet Explorer. (In other words, "click and hold" on a hyperlinked phrase in the GreatNews window, and drag the link onto the Firefox window or URL dialogue box, resulting in the opening of the linked page in Firefox.)

If other programs can work this way, there should be no barrier to GreatNews doing so as well.

Return to “Suggestions & Bug Reports”