Error[11] and Runtime error

Ideas? Suggestions?

Or report any bugs about GreatNews here

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

Totengeist

Error[11] and Runtime error

Postby Totengeist » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:43 pm

Every time I attempt to view the new items in the following feed or even view the top-level folder it is in, I get a runtime error and GreatNews crashes: http://www.secretlivesofmobs.com/?view=rss

When trying to mark the feed as read I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Error[11]: database disk image is malformed
I run GreatNews from a USB drive and have this problem on Windows Vista and XP, although this problem first occured while running on a Vista machine.

Totengeist

Re: Error[11] and Runtime error

Postby Totengeist » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:44 pm

It turns out it's not just that one feed. My feeds are no longer updating at all and half of them give the same Error[11] code as a tooltip. Is there a way to repair the database, or will I have to just start over and loose all the old news items?

MysteryFCM

Postby MysteryFCM » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:40 pm

Interestingly, I've recently been seeing one specific feed sporadically resulting in GN crashing aswell - not figured out why yet as it's not all the time, and there's nothing special about the feed :(
Regards
Steven Burn
I.T. Mate / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:46 pm

Totengeist wrote:Every time I attempt to view the new items in the following feed or even view the top-level folder it is in, I get a runtime error and GreatNews crashes: http://www.secretlivesofmobs.com/?view=rss

When trying to mark the feed as read I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Error[11]: database disk image is malformed
I run GreatNews from a USB drive and have this problem on Windows Vista and XP, although this problem first occured while running on a Vista machine.

This error means GreatNews database file (newsfeed.db) is corrupted. You can try to run cleanup wizard, and select "Compress database" optoin. See if this can fix it.

Totengeist

Postby Totengeist » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:59 pm

If you mean "Compress data file after cleanup" then I tried that. Cleanup will go through most of the feeds but gets hung up towards the end somewhere and throws the same Error[11] before it finishes.

Actually, I was wondering something about cleanup. Cleanup means that it removes old items, right? I don't want to remove my old items, I want to keep them, so I generally run it without selecting any feeds just to get it to delete the temporary files, compress the database and remove the constant popup forcefully reminding me to cleanup.

I've selected a few feeds this time that I wouldn't miss anything from and will let it run through to see what happens.

Edit: I let it run all the way through and it threw the Error[11] at "Compacting data file." Is there any other way to repair the database, or will I need to start with a fresh database again?

jsferra1

Postby jsferra1 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:29 am

Hello,

I get the same error with any link I click, now if I set it to use external browser GreatNews ends with an error but the browser window will open.

It only started after I ran the clean-up and I'm running IE 8 Beta.

Jim ....

Return to “Suggestions & Bug Reports”