sync bloglines read/unread news?

Ideas? Suggestions?

Or report any bugs about GreatNews here

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

LcF

sync bloglines read/unread news?

Postby LcF » Thu May 26, 2005 9:56 pm

I have sync bloglines channel in Greatnews. It works great. However, it does not sync the read/unread news.

Example: after sync to Greatnews, all the news in Bloglines are marked as read.

Is it possible to sync the read/unread posts in between Greatnews and Bloglines?

Thanks.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Fri May 27, 2005 7:18 am

This behavior is by design. As soon as GreatNews downloaded news items, Bloglines will mark them as read. But I remember there's a "Keep as unread" flag at Bloglines. Have you tried if that one works as you need?

Craig P

Re: sync bloglines read/unread news?

Postby Craig P » Mon May 30, 2005 4:42 am

LcF wrote:I have sync bloglines channel in Greatnews. It works great. However, it does not sync the read/unread news.

Example: after sync to Greatnews, all the news in Bloglines are marked as read.

Is it possible to sync the read/unread posts in between Greatnews and Bloglines?

Thanks.

I'm with LCF on this one. It would be nicer to only Mark an item as read on Bloglines if it is marked as read in Great News. One of the best things about Bloglines is that you have a common read status when accessing your feeds from multiple client. While I would like a reader with offline capabilities I would not use it if it did not maintain the read status. I check my feeds often, for a couple of minutes at a time. If I check my feeds using greatnews and only read 1/2 of the articles, then check again from bloglines later I'm missing a whole pile of news. This would drive me nuts.

Craig P

How about an option to keep read/unread status in sync?

Postby Craig P » Mon May 30, 2005 5:57 pm

As a thought how about making this a user configurable option? It would be really cool if the user could choose to:
Mark messages on Bloglines as read when downloaded.
-Or-
Update read/unread status on bloglines when it changes in GreatNews.

Jack
Site Admin

Re: How about an option to keep read/unread status in sync?

Postby Jack » Mon May 30, 2005 7:40 pm

Craig P wrote:As a thought how about making this a user configurable option? It would be really cool if the user could choose to:
Mark messages on Bloglines as read when downloaded.
-Or-
Update read/unread status on bloglines when it changes in GreatNews.

Bloglines doesn't provide APIs to allow finer control of read/unread status. I will add a new flag in next release so you can control if GreatNews should mark items as read at Bloglines.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Return to “Suggestions & Bug Reports”