subfolders

Ideas? Suggestions?

Or report any bugs about GreatNews here

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

bilyth

subfolders

Postby bilyth » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:32 pm

saw a post a while back but it's been a while so i thought i'd add another one. wish there were subfolders...would make things a lot nicer.

thanks!
i do love GN though...working real well.

bt

muntealb

Postby muntealb » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:15 am

Could be useful for those that have many hundreds of feeds, however this feature is also not present in other RSS clients like FeedDemon or FeedReader. Abilon was the only RSS program (that I know of) that had the feature of creating subfolders, but Abilon's development was abandoned two years ago and today it is unusable with feeds written in other languages than english, becuase it doesn't support Unicode.

bilyth

Postby bilyth » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:57 am

interesting it's not implimented elsewhere. i tried newsgator with outlook & there you can create as many & organize in any way subfolders for your feeds. it was nice to do that but newsgator couldn't handle all my feeds (not sure what the problem was) so i switched to greatnews.

definitely a must if you have alot of feeds- i think have over 4500. so you can see why it would be helpful.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:04 pm

bilyth wrote:interesting it's not implimented elsewhere. i tried newsgator with outlook & there you can create as many & organize in any way subfolders for your feeds. it was nice to do that but newsgator couldn't handle all my feeds (not sure what the problem was) so i switched to greatnews.

definitely a must if you have alot of feeds- i think have over 4500. so you can see why it would be helpful.

4500!!! You got to be the record holder among GreatNews users.

Seriously I didn't expect to handle that many feeds in a desktop program. I'm surprised GreatNews actually can run that in a usable speed.

mas912

Postby mas912 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:05 pm

What about this feature? Is it will be implemented? I saw that DB schema contains nesting folders support, but program not.

Return to “Suggestions & Bug Reports”