New Update

Ideas? Suggestions?

Or report any bugs about GreatNews here

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

Comanco

New Update

Postby Comanco » Thu May 12, 2005 10:03 pm

Is there anyway to receive a notice (popup screen) when an update is received when it is minimized in task bar ?

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Fri May 13, 2005 5:56 am

Options->Usability->Show system tray tooltips after channel update

I thought this option was turned on by default?

Postby Guest » Fri May 13, 2005 7:11 am

It was my fault excellent program two small items I have come across.

English spelling when placing curser over icon spelling of channels is channles should be channels. Can I correct this? Second can the update frequency be changed to less the 15 minutes?

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Fri May 13, 2005 9:50 am

Anonymous wrote:It was my fault excellent program two small items I have come across.

English spelling when placing curser over icon spelling of channels is channles should be channels. Can I correct this? Second can the update frequency be changed to less the 15 minutes?

Thanks for pointing this out. The tooltips haven't been put into language pack so I will have to release a nightly build to correct the typo.

The system tray popup supposes to show only when GreatNews is minimized or put to background.

Shorter update interval is an enhancement frequently asked for. I guess people would like set that at individual channel level. This enhancement among TTL handling are in development schedule, hopefully will be released at end of May.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Fri May 13, 2005 2:12 pm

Actually I just realized that msg is in language pack. To fix it you can open file Language\gn_eng.ini and replace "channles" with "channels". This fix will also be included in next official release. Thanks.

Return to “Suggestions & Bug Reports”