Feature requests

Ideas? Suggestions?

Or report any bugs about GreatNews here

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

stisev

Feature requests

Postby stisev » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:41 am

Hello,
Before I begin, I have to say that Greatnews is my favorite RSS reader ever. I switched from FeedDemon because of my love of free, (and open source) software.

Still, there's a few features I miss from FeedDemon which I was wondering could be implemented:

1) Multiple news selecting -- this feature is invaluable for an RSS reader. Allow the user to select multiple stories at once for whatever reason -- to be deleted, renamed, moved, etc. I'm a little surprised it hasn't already been implemented

2) Keyboard hotkey editing - allow the user to edit the keyboard commands (FeedDemon has this). This will help attract more people as most are used to their program's keyboard shortcuts.

3) When I press "down" arrow key in the feed list, the focus should go to the next feed automatically! (versus down arrow AND having to hit enter)

4) Give us the option of having VERTICAL splitting instead of just horizontal splitting.
For example, instead of having news on the bottom of the pane, have it on the right. This would help widescreen users a lot

EDIT: 5) Assign "Control+N" hotkey to create a new feed by default!

Other than that, I have to say that I jaw-droppingly impressed at how lightweight and how FREAKIN FAST GreatNews is! I also love the fact that it's a portable app and doesn't write crap to my

Return to “Suggestions & Bug Reports”