interface glitch, bug and RFE

Ideas? Suggestions?

Or report any bugs about GreatNews here

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

lgm

interface glitch, bug and RFE

Postby lgm » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:54 pm

ui glitch see attachment

an option to update failed channels after a "Update All" would be nice.

Also, the balloon tool tip is buggy. My task bar is set to auto hide and everytime GreatNews finishes updating the task bar pops up but no tool tip is visible.

what, no attachment? :evil:

edit: slashdot rss feed problem? i run into it while reading this entry on slashdot. you will notice two links in the post but they do not show up in GreatNews. who's the guilty party? :roll:

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:04 pm

kaka!!

how to enable attachment in phpBB?

You big trouble maker.

Jack
Site Admin

Re: interface glitch, bug and RFE

Postby Jack » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:11 pm

lgm wrote:ui glitch see attachment

edit: slashdot rss feed problem? i run into it while reading this entry on slashdot. you will notice two links in the post but they do not show up in GreatNews. who's the guilty party? :roll:

see slashdot rss rawdump:

<description>An anonymous reader writes "Do you have a website or run even a web server and want to secure the traffic between your visitors browser and the web site? Did you find out, that in order to make your site SSL aware, you'll need a SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate? Are you also surprised to find out that such a certificate can cost you up to a few hundred dollars, valid for one year only? For what, you might ask yourself? Linuxlookup.com is running a small article on free SSL certificates."</description>

no links :)

lgm

Postby lgm » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:46 pm

stupid slashdot...

dont remember exactly how to enable attachment in phpBB but it should in the control panel somewhere. just play with it. :D

all in all, this is shaping up to be a nice piece and i really like the newspaper style. keep up the good work.

lgm

another RFE

Postby lgm » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:52 am

currently posts remain unread in newspaper style. if i display 10 headlines in newspaper style, the number of unread posts should decrease by that number.

lgm

Postby lgm » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:59 am

oh, data partition would be nice too. kinda slow if you have a 60M db

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:12 pm

lgm wrote:oh, data partition would be nice too. kinda slow if you have a 60M db

try to use Tools->Cleanup... and don't keep all junks in the data file.

lgm wrote:currently posts remain unread in newspaper style. if i display 10 headlines in newspaper style, the number of unread posts should decrease by that number.

Good idea. Next version it will mark all news on current page as read after several seconds. Now I just need to figure out how to update channel unread counts after that.... :x

lgm

Postby lgm » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:01 pm

yeah i know but i wanna keep my data, at least for a while.

you have a display n number of items per page var. take that and subtract from total unread?

also, if there's no unread item in a channel, shouldn't it display all read item in a chronical order?

Return to “Suggestions & Bug Reports”