small glitch with the label/watch as home page feature

Ideas? Suggestions?

Or report any bugs about GreatNews here

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

wyldphyre

small glitch with the label/watch as home page feature

Postby wyldphyre » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:01 am

Hi,

I've been using the new feature of have a label as my home page, and it's working great, but I've noticed a small bug that only seems to happen some time. Steps to produce this are below.

- Having been notified by the popup that the are new unread articles, I bring up GreatNews. My label ("to read") is focused since that was the last thing I was on.
- I click in the empty article newspaper section (the browser window) of the label to make sure it has focus, and then I press the space bar to have GreatNews go to the next unread article.
- Sometimes this doesn't actually take me a feed with unread articles like i would expect, but instead it acts like one of the feeds with unread articles was already focus, and it changes the unread count of that feed to zero, as if I was already viewing the feed, and had pressed space bar.

The last time this happened I saw which feed it happened to,and I then went and manually focused that feed, and the unread article was still there, so it hadn't actually marked it as unread, it seems to have only effected the unread counter on the treeview, however I'm not sure if that is always the case, as I tried to manually focus a feed after it had happened earlier, and I couldn't see the articles, so in that case it may well have marked articles as read.

Sorry if all this is a bit vaque, but I haven't seen it enought to provide a concrete way to reproduce it. I'll keep and eye on it and provide more info if I can.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:18 am

Thanks for the bug report. I haven't tested with SPACE bar in this function. I will try it tonight.

Return to “Suggestions & Bug Reports”