Accelerator key?

Ideas? Suggestions?

Or report any bugs about GreatNews here

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

Cuba

Accelerator key?

Postby Cuba » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:51 am

GreatNews wrote:- Add accelerator key to Tools menu (Thanks amber)

Where is this? I don't see it in the tools menu. Is this the same as a keyboard shortcut/hotkey?

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:56 am

It's just the T in Tools now displays as T when ALT key is pressed. Some users prefer to navigate menu with keyboard.

Cuba

Postby Cuba » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:15 am

Ahhh, OK. :(

I thought it was user configurable shortcut keys for page-down and next page, so I only have to hit the space-bar and it pages through each channel, going to the next page and channel as appropriate. Wishful thinking?

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:37 am

I like to use SPACE key open unread channel too. In fact GreatNews was once implemented this way, until a lot of people complained that they use SPACE key to scroll down web pages...

Customizable shortkeys are scheduled in Beta 2. As soon as current codebase stabilize, I can continue on these new UI features.

Cuba

Postby Cuba » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:57 am

You can do both, the space pages down until it is at the bottom of the page and then it takes you to the next page, when you are at the bottom of the last page for that channel, the space-bar takes you to the next unread channel.

Of course there would be other hotkeys that have specific uses, ie. a next page key and a next unread channel key. Space would just be the all purpose key that is the only one you have to use to read all of your news.

Return to “Suggestions & Bug Reports”