User defined update frequency

Ideas? Suggestions?

Or report any bugs about GreatNews here

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

Cuba

User defined update frequency

Postby Cuba » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:43 am

How about changing the update frequency field so we can type in any number of minutes? If this is implemented on a per-channel level, or you get the TTL checking done before this, it should prohibit unnecessary congestion.

I have a feed that updates very often, a 15 minute frequency is not often enough and I often lose new posts.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:52 am

This probably has to wait until TTL is done and channel properties UI changed to multi-page dialog. Just curious, for other rss readers do support frequent updates, which one do you feel has the best implementation?

Cuba

Postby Cuba » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:11 am

I'm not sure which has the best, but at the moment I am using FeedReader (http://www.feedreader.com/) mainly because it is free, small (compared to some of the others out there) and does not require separate runtime libraries. I am using it as a backup to make sure GN is catching everything.

FeedReader is open source (Delphi) so you might want to check it out yourself, I am only a novice programmer so I don't think I can help much in that area.

FeedReader has a default frequency setting and channels can be individually set to the default or from 5 minutes to 24 hours and never.

Return to “Suggestions & Bug Reports”