News and Announcements about GreatNews

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

phinley

Postby phinley » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:38 am

when will drag&open function be added?

Gizmo

Postby Gizmo » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:38 pm

Just upgraded to this build, and I noticed two things:

- when "minimize to system tray" is enabled, if I set the shortcut to "start minimized" the application starts in "normal minimized" mode. I'd expect it to start in the system tray... Am I wrong?

- a strange behaviour when navigating through messages with the up-down cursor keys: sometimes (but not always), the message list looses focus, so I have to reselect it. No drama here, I can always change my way of reading posts, but I only wanted to point your attention at that, since up to build 349 this didn't happen.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:09 pm

Gizmo,

The first one is a small bug. I logged it as a low priority bug.

The second one has been a high priority bug for quite a while already. But I haven't figured out how to fix it. The reading pane just grabs focus as soon as I refresh its content... :(

Gizmo

Postby Gizmo » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:32 am

GreatNews wrote:Gizmo,
The first one is a small bug. I logged it as a low priority bug.

Agree with the low priority, it's just an aesthetic thing.
Well, happy to be useful. :)

GreatNews wrote:The second one has been a high priority bug for quite a while already. But I haven't figured out how to fix it. The reading pane just grabs focus as soon as I refresh its content... :(

So my memory fails? It happened to behave the same way in prior builds? :(

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:31 am

Gizmo wrote:So my memory fails? It happened to behave the same way in prior builds? :(

It's a high priority bug so I'm always looking for solutions. I could do some quick and dirty fixes, but I'd like to find out what really was going on about the focus.

jiminy crickert

Postby jiminy crickert » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:58 pm

GreatNews wrote:jiminy, I got your emails. Please check my reply. I might need additional information from you, like OS version/service pack/IE version etc. And do you remember since which version GreatNews starts crashing regularly?

Thanks,

Jack

it doesnt seem to crash so much since i ran the cleanup wizard (hadnt run it for over 50 days) i also defragged the hard disk. weird thing was after running the clean up wizard, the newsfeed.db filesize didnt change. it was 320meg b4 cleanup and 320meg after cleanup, a bit strange...

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:18 pm

jiminy crickert wrote:weird thing was after running the clean up wizard, the newsfeed.db filesize didnt change. it was 320meg b4 cleanup and 320meg after cleanup, a bit strange...

Unless you checked "Compress data file after cleanup", GreatNews will not shrink file size. Those deleted pages will be reused. So your db file will probably stay at 320MB for a while.

Return to “News & Announcements”