Page 1 of 2

1.0 Build 349

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:49 pm
by Jack
+ Added: Channel favicon support
+ Added: Option to control highlight news items. (see Tools->Options->Features)
+ Changed: Closing last tab will display blank page (Thanks rodeoclown)
- Fixed: CTRL+C/V/F doesn't work in reading pane (Thanks Alex)
- Fixed: GreatNew may export feed url as feed:// instead of http:// to opml. (Thanks gtanuel)

http://www.curiostudio.com/nightly0

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:32 am
by Jack
I uploaded a new build 349 with increased channel tree spacing. This way favicons are less cluttered. Thanks rodeoclown for the suggestion.

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:57 pm
by yagood
Could you eventually make this view with favicons optional? I liked this previous normal view... :roll:

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:29 pm
by Jack
yagood wrote:Could you eventually make this view with favicons optional? I liked this previous normal view... :roll:


I actually used a hidden option to disable favicons in development. I will publish the option in next build. 349 or 350 will probably be this month's public beta release.

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:08 am
by yagood
Thanks :)

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:48 am
by Guest
hi,

I really like the favicons, really helps to "separate" channels and select the right one in the nav tree !!!

Any abstract of what the 'highligh watch news' option is supposed to do ?

An other topic regarding news watches, did you ever think about taking the <item><category> field in account to search for words ? I'm using channels providing this <category> field and I'd really like to highlight some articles based on this condition ...

Regards

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:25 pm
by DivinoAG
Anonymous wrote:Any abstract of what the 'highligh watch news' option is supposed to do ?

It allows you to enable/disable the coloring of messages belonging to a particular news watch on the reading panel.

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:27 pm
by Jack
Thanks DivinoAG. That's exactly the option for.

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:13 pm
by Jack
yagood wrote:Could you eventually make this view with favicons optional? I liked this previous normal view... :roll:


Build 350 has a GreatNews.ini option:

[Advanced]
NoFavicons=Y

To turn favicons off.

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:57 am
by yagood
GreatNews wrote:
yagood wrote:Could you eventually make this view with favicons optional? I liked this previous normal view... :roll:


Build 350 has a GreatNews.ini option:

[Advanced]
NoFavicons=Y

To turn favicons off.


Cool, thanks. But one more question - is the spacing gone then too? Because old view without favicons and without spacing was just right for me... thanks for support.

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:14 am
by gr8nudes
favicons are great but ...
the text size is just a shade too small to read comfortably (and i know that favicons should arguably id the channels) but ...
is it customable?

800x600/17"/24bit

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:19 pm
by Jack
yagood wrote:
GreatNews wrote:
yagood wrote:Cool, thanks. But one more question - is the spacing gone then too? Because old view without favicons and without spacing was just right for me... thanks for support.


The extra spacing will be still there. It's actuallly not that bad after 10 minutes' use.. :)

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:20 pm
by Jack
gr8nudes wrote:favicons are great but ...
the text size is just a shade too small to read comfortably (and i know that favicons should arguably id the channels) but ...
is it customable?

800x600/17"/24bit


Could you please post a screenshot? The font is too small for screen like 1600*1200, but should be ok for 800*600? Build 349 actually doesn't hard code font size anymore.

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:47 pm
by yagood
GreatNews wrote:
yagood wrote:Cool, thanks. But one more question - is the spacing gone then too? Because old view without favicons and without spacing was just right for me... thanks for support.


The extra spacing will be still there. It's actuallly not that bad after 10 minutes' use.. :)


Ehh.. how I hate such changes.. I know I may whine a little, but everything was fine with old icons, old spacing so why trying to make good things better while still you have plenty other stuff on your to-do list.. but all in all it's your program and I'm just regular user so I'll have to accept your changes (or use old builds, hmm..). For now I'm just hoping that old spacing will return some day, may be as very-hidden option ;) Anyway, thanks for being so patient :)

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:18 am
by Guest
thnx - here's the screenshot

http://z18.zupload.com/download.php?fil ... path=16155

readable, yes - but only just!