1.0 Build 348

News and Announcements about GreatNews

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

Jack
Site Admin

1.0 Build 348

Postby Jack » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:23 pm

+ Added: CTRL+Tab to switch tabs
+ Added: CTRL+W to close a tab (Thanks madmak tab)
- Fixed: performance problem brought in by Build 346

http://www.curiostudio.com/nightly0

mickeyvdb

Postby mickeyvdb » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:38 am

Hi,

Since updating to version 347 and today to version 348, I am not able anymore to switch to the next page using the mousewheel.
Before these version, Greatnews was able to go to the next page just using the mousewheel when I was at the end of a page. Is this a bug or did you remove this feature ?

Thanks,

madmak

Awesome

Postby madmak » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:30 am

thansk for CTRL+W........makes my life so much easier. Also i use GN on my laptop so whats the quickest way of opening links in a new tab? (now that i can finally switch and close tabs with one hand :-) )

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:49 am

mickeyvdb wrote:Hi,

Since updating to version 347 and today to version 348, I am not able anymore to switch to the next page using the mousewheel.
Before these version, Greatnews was able to go to the next page just using the mousewheel when I was at the end of a page. Is this a bug or did you remove this feature ?

Thanks,

hmmm, there's no change in these 2 versions on mousewheel handling. At the bottom of a page you need to turn mousewheel a little bit harder/quicker to turn page.

Jack
Site Admin

Re: Awesome

Postby Jack » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:50 am

madmak wrote:thansk for CTRL+W........makes my life so much easier. Also i use GN on my laptop so whats the quickest way of opening links in a new tab? (now that i can finally switch and close tabs with one hand :-) )

CTRL+T if you use keyboard,

double click on the tab bar if you use mouse

mkizer

Postby mkizer » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:50 pm

GreatNews wrote:hmmm, there's no change in these 2 versions on mousewheel handling. At the bottom of a page you need to turn mousewheel a little bit harder/quicker to turn page.

Also, holding the right mouse button while using the scroll wheel works great. :)

mickeyvdb

Postby mickeyvdb » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:20 am

Before these updates when I turned the mousewheel at the end of a page it reacted very well. At this moment I really have turn it extremely fast and then sometimes it goes to the next page.
Using the right mouse button together with the mousewheel (thanks for the advice) works better, but I find it easier to just only turn the wheel.
Is there a way to set the sensitivity ?

Mordac

Postby Mordac » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:15 am

I would like to say thanks for restoring the speed that we saw previously. Well done and many thanks.
Chris

mkizer

Postby mkizer » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:20 am

mickeyvdb wrote:Using the right mouse button together with the mousewheel (thanks for the advice) works better, but I find it easier to just only turn the wheel.
Is there a way to set the sensitivity ?

Sure... here it is...

GreatNews wrote:From build 346, you can config mouse wheel sensitivity in GreatNews.ini

[Advanced]
MouseWheelSensivity=5

bigger number is less sensitive. The default is 5. You can set it to something like 20 to turn it off.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:22 pm

Thanks mkizer. That's the hidden optoin to set sensitivity.

Note I had a typo in that post. the key should be

[Advanced]
MouseWheelSensitivity=5

I think the build prior to 346 had this option hardcoded to 1.

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:36 am

Thanks,

This indeed makes the mouse more sensitive.
The option wasn't included in my .ini file.
Still the sensitivity of the mouse is not the same as it was before.
Before I only had to turn the wheel till I felt one click and the new page was openend, now I have to give the wheel a fast turn before it will react.

I will try to install a previous version to see if there is any difference.

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:40 am

Hi,

Just installed version 345 and everything is back as it was.
The mouse is very sensitive again, I only have to turn it very slowly to change to a new page.
What can it be that changes my mouse sensitivity between the old and new version ?

kimi raikkonen

Postby kimi raikkonen » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:08 am

Good thing:

mouse sensitive: configurate in options (1, 2, 3, 4, 5.... or NO)

I don't like to chage my configuration file.

New features

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:26 pm

Hello,

I really like using your software, I would say that it is really a good compromize between powerfull features (styles, search, watches, ...) and simplicity (only 800Kb to install, works when launched, simple natural way of classifying, ...).

2 points I think about :
- are you planning to implement the use the iconfav of servers ? I like the changing icons to show update status, but in the end, the fact that all channels have the same icon doesn't help to select/read the right one.

- I like the feature to select a group name and see in one glimpse, on one page all the articles in the group ... would it be possible to do something like showing all unread articles of all groups/channels on only "one page" (limited to 999 articles should be fine ...).

Continue the good work !
Regards

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:29 pm

Thanks for the complement. I'm glad you like GreatNews.

Favicon support will be added very soon, probably in next several builds. As for the global list, I haven't found a good way to represent hundrends of channels, so we probably have to wait a bit longer to see something like that in GreatNews.

Return to “News & Announcements”