1.0 Build 336

News and Announcements about GreatNews

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

Jack
Site Admin

1.0 Build 336

Postby Jack » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:00 pm

* Now the same GreatNews.zip can be used for both new install and upgrade
No more greatnews_upgrade.zip! Just unzip GreatNews.zip to your existing GreatNews directory
* Changed some code for blogline integration. Hope this will fix the issues with certain proxy configuration. (Thanks Sam and pablotossi)
+ GreatNews now accept startup window status sent from Windows shortcut. So you can config GreatNews to start minimized (Thanks rodeoclown)
- Fixed the issue that Channel Properties won't show multi-line channel description (Thanks yagood)
- Fixed the issue that clicking new item in popup window cannot bring GreatNews to front.
- Fixed the bug that tray icon might always show unread.
+ Tray icon tooltips now also displays the number of total unread messages. (Thanks rodeoclown)

http://www.curiostudio.com/nightly0

yagood

Postby yagood » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:15 am

After update, my feeds got totally reordered on channels list :-(

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:18 am

yagood wrote:After update, my feeds got totally reordered on channels list :-(

It's not ordered alphabetically? I did change some code of sorting. Could be the problem. I will check it tonight.

yagood

Postby yagood » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:40 am

GreatNews wrote:

It's not ordered alphabetically? I did change some code of sorting. Could be the problem. I will check it tonight.

No, not alphabetically, in fact there's no particular order now (not reveresed, not by unread, just random).

GeekNJ

Postby GeekNJ » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:44 pm

yagood wrote:
GreatNews wrote:

No, not alphabetically, in fact there's no particular order now (not reveresed, not by unread, just random).
Same here after upgrading. Don't see anything obvious on what order it is showing in. Best guess I have is the besides the OPML file I originally imported, it's then the order I added them as new feeds? Not sure, but it's the closest I can rationalize the order now shows in.

GeekNJ

Postby GeekNJ » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:44 pm

yagood wrote:
GreatNews wrote:

Same here after upgrading. Don't see anything obvious on what order it is showing in. Best guess I have is the besides the OPML file I originally imported, it's then the order I added them as new feeds? Not sure, but it's the closest I can rationalize the order now shows in.

yagood

Postby yagood » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:08 pm

GeekNJ wrote:(...) it's then the order I added them as new feeds? Not sure, but it's the closest I can rationalize the order now shows in.

I guess you're right, at least in my case that's how list is sorted now.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:10 pm

Confirmed it's a bug. I just received replacement machine today. Restoring dev environment right now. We should get a new build tomorrow to fix this.

yagood

Postby yagood » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:00 am

GreatNews wrote:Confirmed it's a bug. I just received replacement machine today. Restoring dev environment right now. We should get a new build tomorrow to fix this.

Wow, now that's funny: I've just added another feed to GN and... list is sorted by name again :-)

pablotossi

Re: 1.0 Build 336

Postby pablotossi » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:28 am

Changed some code for blogline integration. Hope this will fix the issues with certain proxy configuration. (Thanks Sam and pablotossi)

WIIIIIIIIIIIII finalllllllllllllly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (with "use IE" and with "configure manually" ....both work correctly in my corp-lan!!!)

Great Work AGAIN!!!! (and THANKS!!)

Return to “News & Announcements”