1.0 Build 334

News and Announcements about GreatNews

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

orennahum

one more thing

Postby orennahum » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:49 am

First,
Thanks !

One more thing and this program will the best... Is there a way to start the program hidden (which means only the icon in the system try exist, and other windows) ?

Oren

Guest

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:05 pm

i dont know why Great news always tell me i have new post when i have nothing highlisted.........

User avatar
Jack
Site Admin
Posts: 3472
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:05 am

Postby Jack » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:41 pm

Anonymous wrote:i dont know why Great news always tell me i have new post when i have nothing highlisted.........


This appears to be a bug in build 334. I'm trying to reproduce it. It will be fixed in next build.

Guest

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:02 am

Hallo,

I have this rss feed: http://www.videolan.org/videolan-news.rss

but unfortunately, Greatnews show no results. Could' you please check it, becaue it looks fine in other RSS-Reader and under http://www.feedvalidator.org/check.cgi? ... n-news.rss

Yves

User avatar
Jack
Site Admin
Posts: 3472
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:05 am

Postby Jack » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:12 am

Anonymous wrote:Hallo,

I have this rss feed: http://www.videolan.org/videolan-news.rss

but unfortunately, Greatnews show no results. Could' you please check it, becaue it looks fine in other RSS-Reader and under http://www.feedvalidator.org/check.cgi? ... n-news.rss

Yves


What's your error message? I just tried this feed and got 183 items. I'm using build 334.

Thanks.

Guest

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:19 am

That's strange !
There is no error message. The channel is red and there are no messages changing to "show all messages" in the dropdown menu.

I tried already to delete the channel and to add it again - same result.

Is there a possibility to debug it or do you have some hints.

Yves

Guest

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:20 am

Sorry I forgot:
I upgraded to the newest version of Greatnews yesterday, it also didn't work with the previous version.

Yves

User avatar
Jack
Site Admin
Posts: 3472
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:05 am

Postby Jack » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:29 am

Anonymous wrote:That's strange !
There is no error message. The channel is red and there are no messages changing to "show all messages" in the dropdown menu.

I tried already to delete the channel and to add it again - same result.

Is there a possibility to debug it or do you have some hints.

Yves


If you put mouse cursor on the red channel it will show the error message. In your case it's most likely some temporary internet connection issue. I would try to add the channel, leave it there for a while, or close and restart greatnews.

Guest

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:43 am

Thanks for you quick answers.
If I update the channel by hand, the channel turns sometimes into red, then error message says "Update failed".

I have problem with this channel since I've installed Greatnews (two weeks ago). I also tried to export this channel an import it again. But I can't see any messages.

But if you say, you have no problems with this channel, i will reinstall Greatnews and check again.

Yves

User avatar
Jack
Site Admin
Posts: 3472
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:05 am

Postby Jack » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:16 pm

Anonymous wrote:Thanks for you quick answers.
If I update the channel by hand, the channel turns sometimes into red, then error message says "Update failed".

I have problem with this channel since I've installed Greatnews (two weeks ago). I also tried to export this channel an import it again. But I can't see any messages.

But if you say, you have no problems with this channel, i will reinstall Greatnews and check again.

Yves


When you adding the channel, does the 2nd page of channel properties show correct information. It is strange the channel can be added but cannot update.

Guest

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:44 am

I installed newest version on my usb stick and tried it again, but the channel is not updated.
Yes, the 2nd page (properties) looks fine.
screenshot http://www.directupload.net/show/d/471/2akfaXXo.jpg

Yves

User avatar
Jack
Site Admin
Posts: 3472
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:05 am

Postby Jack » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:33 pm

Anonymous wrote:I installed newest version on my usb stick and tried it again, but the channel is not updated.
Yes, the 2nd page (properties) looks fine.
screenshot http://www.directupload.net/show/d/471/2akfaXXo.jpg

Yves


Yves, I couldn't think of a reason why the channel can only be checked once(when adding the channel). I suggest leaving the channel in GreatNews for a couple of days and see what happens...

airysu

I have the same problem with Yves

Postby airysu » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:25 am

I have the same problem with Yves.
because the software ask me to update many times, so I update to the newest ver(build 334) 2 days ago.
Yesterday was fine, today all the channels can't update.
I know sometimes some feeds will appear red to show maybe there are some error at the website, but i never meet all the feeds become red and so long.

could i reinstall 332?



GreatNews wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I installed newest version on my usb stick and tried it again, but the channel is not updated.
Yes, the 2nd page (properties) looks fine.
screenshot http://www.directupload.net/show/d/471/2akfaXXo.jpg

Yves


Yves, I couldn't think of a reason why the channel can only be checked once(when adding the channel). I suggest leaving the channel in
GreatNews for a couple of days and see what happens...

airysu

I have the same problem with Yves

Postby airysu » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:28 am

I have the same problem with Yves.
because the software ask me to update many times, so I update to the newest ver(build 334) 2 days ago.
Yesterday was fine, today all the channels can't update.
I know sometimes some feeds will appear red to show maybe there are some error at the website, but i never meet all the feeds become red and so long.

could i reinstall 332?



GreatNews wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I installed newest version on my usb stick and tried it again, but the channel is not updated.
Yes, the 2nd page (properties) looks fine.
screenshot http://www.directupload.net/show/d/471/2akfaXXo.jpg

Yves


Yves, I couldn't think of a reason why the channel can only be checked once(when adding the channel). I suggest leaving the channel in
GreatNews for a couple of days and see what happens...

User avatar
Jack
Site Admin
Posts: 3472
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:05 am

Re: I have the same problem with Yves

Postby Jack » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:13 am

airysu wrote:I have the same problem with Yves.
because the software ask me to update many times, so I update to the newest ver(build 334) 2 days ago.
Yesterday was fine, today all the channels can't update.
I know sometimes some feeds will appear red to show maybe there are some error at the website, but i never meet all the feeds become red and so long.

could i reinstall 332?



Your problem is different from Yves's. If all channels cannot update, it's most likely GreatNews has problem accessing internet. You can try to type url in GN address bar. Does the website come up? Do you have personal firewall like ZoneAlarm enabled?


Return to “News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests