1.0 Build 333

News and Announcements about GreatNews

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

Jack
Site Admin

1.0 Build 333

Postby Jack » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:24 am

+ Links in reading pane now show focus when clicked on.

* [Email This] feature no longer displays a dummy recipient.

- Fixed a bug brought in by build 332. The bug broken url parmaters. (Thanks Alex)

http://www.curiostudio.com/nightly0

Alexander

Re: 1.0 Build 333

Postby Alexander » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:53 am

GreatNews wrote:Fixed a bug brought in by build 332. The bug broken url parmaters. (Thanks Alex)

Works great again, thank you Jack!

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:10 am

i tried upgrading greatnews from version 331 to 333 using the Setup_unicode.exe file.
the data file maintenance program seemed to take ages, the db file is around 88megs, dont know if that had anything to do with it. anyway i checked in the task manager and it said the maintenance program had stopped responding. i waited for a while to see if it would start up again, but it didnt, so i killed the process. then tried starting greatnews again.

when i start it, it says the db format needs to be updated, and it attempts to run the database maintenance program, but then fails with the following error: Data File Upgrade failed. ERROR[1] duplicate column name. notify_newitem

is there any way i can fix the db? would hate to lose all my channels... :(

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:19 am

update: i downloaded "sqlite browser", and have managed to open the db file. so it doesnt appear to be corrupted. i wonder if i can salvage something from this?

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:33 am

further update. i managed to delete the notify_newitems column,
then ran greatnews. the database maintenance program started up without an error this time, but it seems to be in the "not responding" state again. i will leave it for a while longer this time, to see if it ever finishes.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:37 am

further update: i ran Filemon, to see if the database maintenance program was actually doing anything, despite being in the "not responding" state

and strangely enough, it does actually seem to be reading and writing to the db file, so i guess i should just leave it running till it completes. fingers crossed.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:38 am

Great News! it did finally complete. the moral of the story is, if the database maintenenance program appears to stop responding. dont kill the task, just leave it for about 10 or 15 minutes, and it should eventually complete the task.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:25 am

Phew! I tested db upgrade program quite extensively. But I never tried to kill it during conversion..... :D

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:36 am

i wonder if it would be an idea to do the conversion on a temporary file first, then copy it over the proper db at the end. that way if the process is interrupted the db wont be "corrupted"

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:58 am

Anonymous wrote:i wonder if it would be an idea to do the conversion on a temporary file first, then copy it over the proper db at the end. that way if the process is interrupted the db wont be "corrupted"

I already changed conversion program to cover this. Thanks.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:18 am

sweet! :)

Return to “News & Announcements”