Feed property dialogue bug

News and Announcements about GreatNews

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

codelust

Feed property dialogue bug

Postby codelust » Thu May 18, 2006 4:20 am

Apologies in advance if this is an old bug, but I've seen it only in the 369 build.

Reproducing the bug according to a pattern has been an issue since it happens only randomly.

When I click on the latest unread item in an updated feed, the feed properties dialogue opens up in GN, at the same time as when the item opens in the browser in the browser (Firefox 1.5.0.3).

The dialogue is not the same one as the dialogue I get when I right click feed --> properties.

The one that pops up has only the 'General' tab in it.

I am not sure if it is a feed format specific bug, will try and grab a screenie next time I run into it.

I am on WinXP SP2.

codelust

Stupid me!

Postby codelust » Fri May 19, 2006 12:18 am

I'm really sorry for mistakenly posting this in the main list, should have posted it under the 369 build thread, could you please move it there admin?

Jack
Site Admin

Re: Feed property dialogue bug

Postby Jack » Fri May 19, 2006 6:00 pm

codelust wrote:
When I click on the latest unread item in an updated feed, the feed properties dialogue opens up in GN, at the same time as when the item opens in the browser in the browser (Firefox 1.5.0.3).

The dialogue is not the same one as the dialogue I get when I right click feed --> properties.

Thanks for the bug report.

Where did you click the last unread item? In news list or in reading pane?

Does the dialog look the same as in subscribing a feed? Can you send me a screenshot?

codelust

Postby codelust » Sat May 27, 2006 3:49 am

Thanks for the reply.

I think the unread item was in the reading pane. If we are referring to the same thing, I keep the news list collapsed almost all the time.

The dialogue box is not the same as in subscribing a feed, this one pops up with the item link and it only has the 'General' tab on top.

Have finally managed to grab the screenshot.

codelust

Options screenshot

Postby codelust » Sat May 27, 2006 4:04 am

These are my GreatNews options. The last one is of the Firefox 'Tabs' options tab.

I am using a dual monitor set up, though I can't see any possible reason why that should be an issue.

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Tue May 30, 2006 7:22 am

Thanks for the screenshot. This is the dialog to subscribe a new feed. I will try to reproduce it. Can you send your greatnews.ini file to me? Thanks.

codelust

Postby codelust » Wed May 31, 2006 10:25 am

Just mailed it to greatnews@curiostudio.com.

Thanks.[/u]

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Wed May 31, 2006 8:52 pm

I got your config file. Thanks.

Return to “News & Announcements”