1.0 Build 369

News and Announcements about GreatNews

Moderators: justauser, MysteryFCM

Jack
Site Admin

Postby Jack » Tue May 30, 2006 7:23 am

wormeyman wrote:greatnews doesn't seem to work with the newest firefox alpha?

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bonecho ... 2.0a1.html

when you click on a feed then select greatnews, greatnews shows up but doesn't subscribe to the feed.

I haven't tested against FF2 alpha. When it hits beta milestone I will give it a try. Thanks.

juice

Postby juice » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:13 pm

I'm still seeing issues with greatnews not utilizing the fwd/back mouse buttons on microsoft wireless explorer mice.

I read an earlier forum post that mentioned that the actions were disabled as people often had custom macros for extra buttons on some logitech mice, but I would think that would be more of an edge case than the norm. I find the lack of a back/fwd button on my mouse while browsing feeds to be the single biggest detractor for greatnews. This is pretty much my biggest peeve that is preventing me from migrating to greatnews fulltime from feeddemon. In one of your posts you mentioned that it would be re-enabled in a later build but that build has come and gone and I still don't see this supported. Is there any way to enable this and/or turn it back on? I would think a configurable option in user settings might please both sets of users.

Return to “News & Announcements”